Read our news

The latest news, views, and articles
from the team at Kent Law Group

Expert Evidence

Often evidence is given by experts in family law proceedings. These experts can include, psychologists who can give evidence in relation to circumstances of adults and children in parenting matters, and registered valuers, who can be called upon to give an expert opinion as to the value of property or other items.

Continue reading

If you are going through a separation or divorce, it is important to have an understanding of how the assets and liabilities of the relationship are divided between the parties. At Brennan Tipple Partners, we like to use a four step process:

Continue reading

Community Service Orders

A Community Service Order “CSO” can be made by the Court under the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act as an alternative to full time imprisonment. A CSO requires the offender to complete a certain number of hours of community service work and can only be imposed for an offence which can be punishable by imprisonment.

Continue reading

What is an Habitual Traffic Offender?

The Court may declare you as an Habitual Traffic Offender if you have been convicted in a NSW Court of three “relevant offences” in the past five years. The offences need to have been committed on different occasions.If you have been declared a Habitual Traffic Offender, the RMS will disqualify you from driving for a further five years in addition to any time the Court has disqualified you from driving.

Continue reading


If you want to relocate with your child, you can make an application to the Federal Circuit Court of Australia or Family Court of Australia asking that the Court make orders allowing you to relocate with your child. The application can be made before you relocate, or after the other parent has relocated with your child if you did not consent or were not aware of the relocation.

Continue reading

News Archive